Abandon Text!

W. H. Auden once said: "Poems are not finished; they are abandoned." I have been abandoning writing projects for many years, since only the pressure of deadline and high expectations ever got me to finish, or even start, anything of merit. This blog is an attempt to create a more consistent, self-directed writing habit. Hopefully a direction and voice will emerge.

Friday, October 27, 2006

POST traumatic stress disorder

Dang. I wrote stuff yesterday, and the post kept failing. I tried one last time, and poof! the article is gone. Lost in the void. That hasn't happened to me in a long time. Time to get that Word add-in working.

Ironically, I'm proud of the fact that I have put as much energy as I have into writing and not gotten hung up on the technology involved. Before, I wasted so much time worrying about implementation that I never got around to writing. I still chafe occasionally at having a default-setting, bug-ugly site, but it always reminds me that the energy that is available is going into the right things. I read once in an organizing-your-life kind of article: "You can only feel good about what you're doing when you can feel good about what you're not doing."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home