Abandon Text!

W. H. Auden once said: "Poems are not finished; they are abandoned." I have been abandoning writing projects for many years, since only the pressure of deadline and high expectations ever got me to finish, or even start, anything of merit. This blog is an attempt to create a more consistent, self-directed writing habit. Hopefully a direction and voice will emerge.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Peace and carrots

I stayed up late last night working on my long-neglected financials so I'll be able to file in time. Quicken fulfills a need for compulsive orderliness, and I couldn't bring myself to stop until I had reconciled the last transaction.

Anyway, I'm running behind today, so I'll just do what I thought I would never do: share a YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0wQnVy5lqE&mode=related&search=

Puppetji is a rare creature: a parody that understands the truth and is still able to make fun of itself.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home