Abandon Text!

W. H. Auden once said: "Poems are not finished; they are abandoned." I have been abandoning writing projects for many years, since only the pressure of deadline and high expectations ever got me to finish, or even start, anything of merit. This blog is an attempt to create a more consistent, self-directed writing habit. Hopefully a direction and voice will emerge.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A solid month of blog

By the way, I've just managed to go a whole freakin' month posting every single day. I had thought that it would have been much harder than it turned out to be. Yes, there were definitely times when I would rather have rolled over and gone to sleep, rather than getting up and dragging myself to the computer. But it turned out to be much, much easier than trying to meditate everyday, or even to pray ever day. What does that say about me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home