Abandon Text!

W. H. Auden once said: "Poems are not finished; they are abandoned." I have been abandoning writing projects for many years, since only the pressure of deadline and high expectations ever got me to finish, or even start, anything of merit. This blog is an attempt to create a more consistent, self-directed writing habit. Hopefully a direction and voice will emerge.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sigh . . .

Charlie Brown said, "Happiness is three things to look forward to and nothing to dread." I think I can extend that with the corollary: "Depression is three things to dread and nothing to look forward to."

Usually my brain is happily enough engaged in puzzles in work and home to never get stuck in an emotional funk. But for some reason, I'm . . . funky. I can point to a few proximate reasons: the things at work that keep not getting done, the stressful situations with slow business or screwed-up projects. But there's something else at work on me, too. Janet picked up on it and even came in and asked me if I'm OK. Usually I can put words to such things, but this time it took a long time, and I just floundered. Maybe that's it . . . flounder flouder flounder. Nothing feels like it's done, anymore, just muddled through.

Now I think I'll go repress some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home