Abandon Text!

W. H. Auden once said: "Poems are not finished; they are abandoned." I have been abandoning writing projects for many years, since only the pressure of deadline and high expectations ever got me to finish, or even start, anything of merit. This blog is an attempt to create a more consistent, self-directed writing habit. Hopefully a direction and voice will emerge.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Newer Faster Better

Ok, after losing my post about the New Atheists twice, I finally succumbed to installing the Word add-in for Blogger. It’s clear that I need a better way to post that doesn’t lose my work if the upload happens to fail.

One thing I had noticed: I have become very state-dependent on that Blogger dashboard look-and-feel. It feels strange and different to be writing in plain-old-Word. In some ways, I’m glad; it shows I have cultivated some writing habits that go deeper than consciousness. But I also am rebelling slightly against my Blogger dependency . . . I would like, eventually, to publish this puppy myself. And now that Google has absorbed Blogger in its path to juggernaut-dom, I feel even more cagey.

Ok, so this is mostly a test post to see if this thing works. I need a URL to see how well that translates, so how about a link to the New Atheists story in Wired, which I keep trying to write about.

Yoiks, and away!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home