Abandon Text!

W. H. Auden once said: "Poems are not finished; they are abandoned." I have been abandoning writing projects for many years, since only the pressure of deadline and high expectations ever got me to finish, or even start, anything of merit. This blog is an attempt to create a more consistent, self-directed writing habit. Hopefully a direction and voice will emerge.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The RGI Crash

Back when I was working for RGI when it was just a little start-up, one of the salesmen coined the term "RGI crash." That meant that, at the end of the day when you came home, all you did was flop down on your bed and instantly fall asleep -- you didn't even eat or take your clothes off, you just passed out.

I just had an RGI crash.

After my first day on a consulting gig, when I had to get up at 3:30 pm to catch the flights, and still somehow only got to the customer site by 1 pm, and still somehow managed to cram in everything I needed to that day, I went back to the hotel and . . . crashed. I did manage to call home and hear about Aidan's swim lesson before losing consciousness . . . but only barely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home