Abandon Text!

W. H. Auden once said: "Poems are not finished; they are abandoned." I have been abandoning writing projects for many years, since only the pressure of deadline and high expectations ever got me to finish, or even start, anything of merit. This blog is an attempt to create a more consistent, self-directed writing habit. Hopefully a direction and voice will emerge.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Martyrdom Undone

I have to say, I felt that justice was done when I heard that Zacarias Moussaoui had attempted to appeal his life sentence. He was all for going out in a blaze of glory as a martyr, but once he was facing life in prison, he suddenly decided that he wasn't guilty after all.

I only hope that the fanatical anti-Western Islamic terrorist community is utterly embarrassed by this pathetic excuse for a poster child. Not only does he fail to accomplish his alleged mission, he fails to get himself properly killed by the enemy, and then recants his whole position, and still winds up serving life in prison. Now he will be remembered, not as a viscious enemy of our nation, but rather as a paragon of Loser-dom.

I predict that he will inspire a whole new stock character for action-adventure films: the bumbling loser terrorist wanna-be. Kinda like an Arabic Inspector Clouseau, played by Cheech Marin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home