Abandon Text!

W. H. Auden once said: "Poems are not finished; they are abandoned." I have been abandoning writing projects for many years, since only the pressure of deadline and high expectations ever got me to finish, or even start, anything of merit. This blog is an attempt to create a more consistent, self-directed writing habit. Hopefully a direction and voice will emerge.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Deja Vu All Over Again

The Onion ran a story: "Non-Profit Fights Poverty with Poverty".
The big shock came to me in the picture: it looks, I swear to God, exactly like the Self Knowledge Symposium kids. If you told me this was a picture of the new SKS office, I would believe you.

I take some comfort from the fact that all small non-profits (and not merely my own personal favorite) struggle to do big things with small budgets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home